disclaimer of website
The entire content of this website including the Crime Stoppers logo (“Logo”) is protected under the Copyright Act (1968). You must not download, copy or otherwise reproduce the Logo or any other part of this website without the express consent of Crime Stoppers. Any unauthorised use of the Logo is also likely to be a breach of the Competition and Consumer Act (2010) as well as the Trademarks Act (1995) as the Logo is a registered Trade Mark. Crime Stoppers views any misuse or unauthorised use of its Logo as a serious offence and will not hesitate to take whatever action is necessary to protect its rights and the rights of the public who may be mislead by such conduct.
Disclaimer: Crime Stoppers Australia Limited (CSA), and any of its affiliates or related State/Territory based jurisdictions or government related departments, including State and Federal Police Organisations and other law enforcement agencies (collectively here referred to as “CSA”) licenses Sponsors and Third Parties to use its Crime Stoppers brand. CSA has undertaken all reasonable endeavours to ensure that these companies are of good repute. However, CSA does not provide any warranty, guarantee, promise or representation in relation to the goods or services that these companies provide, nor does it endorse these products or services. Consumers should rely upon their own enquiries in this regard.
By providing information that Crime Stoppers will share with law enforcement agencies, you are providing an important and valuable public service. We understand that disclosure of your identity might put you at risk. We do everything we can to protect your anonymity.
If you choose to provide information on an anonymous basis, Crime Stoppers will keep your identity confidential and will not disclose it to any person or organisation except in exceptional circumstances such as:
- Crime Stoppers is required by law or by court* order to disclose specific information; or
- You have given your consent for us to disclose that information.
Protecting your identity is extremely important to Crime Stoppers.
* Court, tribunal, governmental authority
Crime Stoppers Victoria will be monitoring content during business hours throughout the week. However, we expect that users will not post any materials that fall into any of the following categories and may remove any materials that contain:
- Crime information, information deemed confidential or classified
- Offensive, discriminatory, or use foul language
- Abusive, a personal attack, or reveal personal information about citizens or colleagues
- Misleading or deceptive
- In violation of any law, regulation, or third party’s rights
- Speculate or make comment about sentencing or legislation as it is inappropriate to discuss matters before the courts, or the legislation or potential sentences related to these matters
- Off topic comments or spam