Important Links

Emergency Services:
Victorian Government:
Crime Stoppers Websites:

Complaints Process and Reporting

Complaints about an Australian government department or agency, including Courts and Magistrates:

Report it to that department or agency first. If you are dissatisfied with the response you receive from the involved agency you can then raise your concerns with the Commonwealth Ombudsmen.
If your complaint is about an AFP employee, read about the AFP’s Professional Standards.

Complaints about your State of Territory police

Contact your local police to find out who investigates complaints in your State of Territory. Each State or Territory has a different agency responsible for investigating police complaints and allegations of corruption. If your complaint is about an ACT police officer, read about the AFP’s Professional Standards.

Centrelink or Medicare fraud:

Call the Australian Government Services Fraud Tip-off line 131 524 or report it to Centrelink or Medicare via the Human Services website.

Cybercrime (including online fraud, such as eBay, and internet scams):

Report it to the Australian Cybercrime Online Reporting Network (ACORN)

Immigration, citizenship and customs offenses:

Report it to Australian Border Force

International child abduction

Contact the Attorney-Generals Department on 1800 100 480 or by email at [email protected]

Offensive content on the internet

Report it to the Australian Communication and Media Authority


Report it to the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission via the SCAMwatch website
NOTE: Internet scams should be reported to the Australian Cybercrime Online Reporting Network (ACORN)

Spam email

Report it to the Australian Cybercrime Online Reporting Network (ACORN)

Disability Services Commissioner

Disability Services Commissioners (DSC) provides an independent, free and confidential complaints service for people wishing to make a complaint about a Victorian disability service provider. Complaints can be about any issue arising from the provision of a disability service or about how a service provider has responded to a complaint. If the complaint involves a criminal matter, DSC will refer the criminal elements of the complaint to Victoria Police and continue to progress the complaint from a service quality perspective.

For more information about DSC, visit their website.

Crime Stoppers Victoria acknowledges and pays respect to the past, present and future Traditional Custodians and Elders of this nation and the continuation of cultural, spiritual and educational practices of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.

Crime Stoppers Victoria (ABN 15 006 945 151) is endorsed as a Deductible Gift Recipient. Donations of $2 or more to Crime Stoppers Victoria are tax deductible in Australia.
Scroll to Top